January 14, 2015
There's nothing like face-to-face encounters.
Our November 2014 trip to Haiti was a reminder of that. We were delighted to share a few days with Pastor Ezena, his wife, Rosemita, the staff and the children at the small orphanage in delightfully rural Les Anglais, 7 hours from Port-au-Prince. The trip was a success in a number of ways, and confirmed our intention to continue the partnership with Pastor Ezena.
We saw with our own eye the many ways which Global NIM has provided assistance to the orphanage, named "OCRPH" (ORGANISATION DES CHRETIENS REUNIS LA PROMOTION HAITIENNE):
- The children - Along with another US-based non-profit, Harvest Field Ministries (HFH:www.harvestfieldhaiti.org), Global NIM assists monthly with the care and education of the 15 children.
- The 3 acres of land owned by OCRPH for future orphanage expansion and income-generating agricultural projects
- A new K-6th grade school (Word of Grace) for the poorest children in Les Anglais, funded by HFH:
- Latrine under construction, funded by Global NIM
- Additional Benches and desks funded by Global NIM
- Sewing Center - Global NIM purchased a few of the center's treadle sewing machines and, come February, a few machines for the top graduates of the two year program.
- Three water wells throughout the area
- VBS programs in nearby villages over the years
Our overall impressions: Pastor Ezena is a humble and quiet man of great vision and faith. He sees needs but is careful to extend aid only when it is wise to do so (the sheer number of 'cases' presented to him is mind-boggling). Pastor is very keen on educating and motivating young and old alike to be constructive contributors to their families and the local community. At the core of this objective, however, is a desire for all to be spiritually right with Jesus as their hope and salvation. That is where true transformation, the transformation that Haiti needs, really begins!
If you have detailed questions about Global NIM's work in Haiti, please go to the "contact us" at the bottom of this page and send us a note. We would love to hear from you.