"Though the hills may shake..." Is 54:10
April 28, 2015
"'For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake, but My lovingkindness will not be removed from you, and My covenant of peace will not be shaken,' says the Lord who has compassion on you." Is 54:10
We were glad to receive word from Brother L.B. in Nepal, 3 days after the 7.3 earthquake. Images through news agencies depict the horror of it all: thousands upon thousands are dead; under-resourced medical facilities overflow with the injured; the air is afoul of cremations, and the people are in shock.
Although we did not receive photos from Brother L.B., here are excerpts of his email:
"I have learned 6 AG [Assembly of God] churches in nearby districts are totally destroyed and several lives claimed. One of the churches [district named] totally collapsed; so many people died and injured. I am still trying to get actual figure but due to interruption of phones, we haven't been able to get updated reports so far...
"People in Kathmandu are all sleeping on the streets and open spaces for safety expecting that there will be continued major earthquake hits. There were 83 hits since Saturday noon... Our churches are helping people to accommodate during these days of calamity.
"Please pray for:
1. Comfort and peace to many thousands of families who are grieving at this time
2. Relief and rescue work so that it will bring hope to the nation
3. Christians and churches that they will have opportunity to give hope and help to people
4. Recovery of life and rebuilding of the nation and for sufficient relief and resources
5. Many thousands of Nepalese will turn to the Lord even through this crisis."